The main topics of the Symposium include, but not limited to:
- Theory and realization of reference systems;
- Definition, establishment, maintenance and improvement of the geodetic reference frames for Earth science applications;
- Advanced terrestrial and space observation technique development for the above purposes;
- International collaboration for the definition and deployment of networks of terrestrially-based space geodetic observatories;
- Co-locations of geodetic instruments on the ground and in space;
- Definition, establishment, maintenance and integration of regional reference frames;
- Interaction between the celestial and the terrestrial reference frames;
- Usage and applications of reference frames in Geosciences.
The venue of the symposium will be the Hotel Melia on the Kirchberg Plateau in Luxembourg City.
Please save these dates. – A dedicated website will be set up soon.
Tonie van Dam, President, Commission 1 (Reference Frames) of the International Association of Geodesy.
Associate Professor Dr. Tonie M. van Dam
Faculté des Sciences, de la Technologie et de la Communication
University of Luxembourg
6, rue Richard Coudenhove-Kalergi / L-1359 Luxembourg
phone: (+352) 46 66 44 6261 / fax: (+352) 46 66 44 6261 / e-mail: